It is that time of year and people in the Tarot community on various forums do reading for the coming year. So Tarot Visions Podcast decided to do it as well. We are doing the Sacred Days of Yule Reading as found on BelleOnline. I am using my SteamPunk Tarot by Barbara Moore and Charlie is using his Happy Tarot.
Here is the Layout and then the Cards meanings. Each day we will pull a card for the day and I will post mine here as well as on our Facebook group for Tarot Visions Podcast.
The write up for the reading is as follows(I did use their exact wording!):
Sacred Days of Yule Interpretation -This spread will help you to learn to apply the tarot to enjoy and enrich your passage through the twelve festive days from December 20th to 31st. The meaning of each card in the spread reflects the energy of the festivity associated with each of the twelve days.
1. Mother Night of Dreams: – Dec 20th This card reminds us to look for a particular message in our dreams tonight. The ancients believed that our dreams on this night foretold some of the important events in the coming year.
2. Yule – Winter Solstice: – Dec 21st This card shows us how best to connect to the Light within and without – it symbolizes the Birth of the Sun.
3. The Time of Beth: – Dec 22nd This card points to the inner blocks and resistance that is holding us back from following our dreams.
4. Hopi Time of Renewal Dec 23rd This card indicates the best way for us to seek purification and renewal, and to build tolerance for others.
5. Feast of Mothers, Christmas Eve: – Dec 24th This card shows how we can connect with the spirits of our ancestors for communion and to ask for wisdom and guidance. It is also a time for Christians to reflect on the birth of Christ.
6. Festival of Life, Christmas: – Dec 25th This card shows us how to connect directly with Spirit.
7. Yuletide, Kwanzaa: – Dec 26th This card shows us how to express nurturance, to attend to our families and to express the protective energy within us towards others.
8. Birth of Freyja: – Dec 27th This card points to issues of love, luck, artistic and creative expression and female wisdom.
9. Feast of Alcyone: – Dec 28th This card gives us a personal inner message – one that speaks directly to our heart and spirit.
10. Day of Nymphs – Dec 29th This card encourages us to connect to our playful side, our inner child and how best to cultivate this aspect of ourselves.
11. Day of Rest: – Dec 30th This card shows us how to walk our path in a relaxed and confident way….with the ability to deal with stressful situations in a philosophical, detached way.
12. New Year’s Eve, Hogmanay – Dec 31st This card shows us how to release the old and let in the new. This relates to both our external lives and our inner being.
So Stay Tuned for the daily readings and enjoy this Yuletide Season!